Slosberg Chiropractic Seminar

A Room Full Of Nerds

This past weekend we spent 13 hours with a bunch of chiropractic nerds. It was awesome.

Wanna know some of the awesomeness that we learned? Keep reading.

The seminar was hosted by one of our mentors, Dr. Malik Slosberg. He is Nerd Numero Uno. For clarification, let’s use this definition of “nerd” that I pulled off the internet: An intelligent, single-minded expert in a particular technical discipline or profession. Also for clarification, I think that most chiropractors are kind of nerdy (ourselves included), and we think that’s pretty cool, in a nerdy way. Like the band Weezer. Anyways….

…This guy has spent most of the past couple decades digging through all the scientific journals to bring us the latest research in the fields of chiropractic and exercise. He’s really passionate about research & improving the validity of chiropractors. Works great for us! We’re glad to have him on our team.

If you didn’t know that there is science and research behind what we do, then please read on. You might learn something.

Here is some of the stuff that we think would be most helpful and interesting to you. Hope you don’t find it “boringly studious”. Enjoy!

One of the top predictors of low back pain is loss of low back muscle endurance. C’mon, do your bird-dog exercises!

Loosing 11lbs may decrease your risk of knee arthritis by 50%.

Chiropractic adjustments improve the bodies response to exercises and decrease the risk of injury. Chiropractic + Exercises = Awesome.

Arthritis and Disk Herniations may have a genetic link. Unfortunately, blaming your parents wont help you feel any better.

One study showed that 60% of low back surgical candidates could get just as good of results if they skipped the knife and got some chiropractic care. (The other 40% could get the surgery anyways if the chiropractic care didn’t work). Just think of all the money that would save!

Only 7.4% of adults see a chiropractor. That’s not so good. We think there’s a lot more people out there we could help! If you’ve been happy with your care, please spread the word.

The most effective low back exercises are complex and engage your thinking brain. No more brainless crunches!

Multiple, fast impulses get a bigger response from the nervous system than a slow single thrust. That’s one reason why instrument adjustments work just as good as traditional, hands-on adjustments for most people.

Only 8% of adolescents get the recommended 1hr of exercise per day. Adults are worse! Less than 5% of adults get the recommended 30 mins of exercise per day.

More To Come

One of the biggest takeaways from the seminar was how terrible it is to sit on our butts all day, not just on our low backs but on our overall health. Feel free to stand up now.

We’ll be digging more into the topic of “sitting” in later newsletters and such. Please, keep listening. and pass this on if you think it might help someone. Thanks!

Bothell Chiropractic | Massage Lynnwood

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s